As some of you may know, I am part of the birth doula certification committee for DONA International. Because of that, I get to talk with doulas from around the world as they work towards becoming certified. The other day I was working on an application from a doula in Wyoming and just felt she was a member of the church. So in talking with the references she provided, I took the plunge and asked " are you guys LDS?" Sure enough, they are (!) and we had an instant bond. As we talked about labor and birth and the power of the priesthood, as well the Spirit being involved, we just felt love for each other and a beautiful spirit over the phone lines. What a lovely experience and now I have two new sisters in my heart! Love to you both, Melanie and Amy!
AND, our stake boundaries were reorganized this month. Larry is no longer branch president because there is no longer a branch! Yep, now the stake consists of the Rochester 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wards, Brockport and Geneseo Wards, and the Batavia, Warsaw and Genesee Valley Branches. Brighton Ward was dissolved. So we are back in our home ward in Roch 2nd and wondering what new and exciting calls await us. I was happy to "go home." It was good serving in the branch for two years but I missed home. Larry's last duty was to conduct a funeral service today for an 8 day old baby who died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. It was very sad but he did an excellent job of explaining the Plan of Salvation to folks who don't know or understand it. That little baby was pure, without sin, and accomplished his earthly tasks in just 8 days. It was a humbling experience.
1 comment:
we're excited to have you guys back! we've missed you! remember the good old days when you and Larry were my home teachers? that was almost 8 years ago now.
Post a Comment