Saturday, January 15, 2011

Spastic Unmentionables

I have been down and out.

A long time ago my friend Sheri told me that the contraction-like pain from irritable bowel syndrome is the closest thing to labor that there is.

Well then I was in labor for three days.

YIKES. This IBS stuff has been an issue for me since I was a teenager. MONTHS can go by without an attack, then WHAMO. I must admit though that this one was the worst of my whole life.

Yesterday I could barely walk. It hurt so bad I wanted to, you know, fro up.

After sleeping on and off most of yesterday, and then sleeping last night from 11pm to 8:00 this morning, things got a bit better.

I feel like singing The Battle Hymn of the Republic. "Glory, Glory Hallelujah!"

Hope you are all fine. REALLY.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Bless you and your irritable bowels. I'm so sorry. :(

Amberly said...

Yikes! I had no idea you struggled with that! If it really is almost as painful as labor, I don't envy you. At least with labor it's predictable! BTW, we need to get together for lunch or something. I'll call you this week!