Monday, August 15, 2011

Red Cross Day


Some days I just shake my head.

It seems that people who can't pay their rent or need a security deposit believe that the Red Cross will pay it.

They are very surprised when I say that we don't provide that service.

Then there are those who need a place to live but don't have a job or any money. It breaks my heart.

I really like being there to help when we can, like those who have had a fire. But when I can't help, it makes for a hard day. Sometimes the best I can do is refer them to another agency. Sometimes all they need is a listening ear.

I am grateful to our community and the good people who live here who contribute time and money to help others. There sure are a lot of needy people out there.

No comments: