Sunday, May 4, 2008

We bought a new camera......

and I think I love it! It's a Canon. I was visiting with my cousin Judi today and she gave me these two pictures. The first one is me as a baby. Don't laugh. The second one is a painting done by my cousin Mary Ellen. I really like paintings of doors and windows. Lines in general give me a a sense of balance. This painting hung in my grandparent's home for over thirty years and now I have it!! Thanks cousins!


5 comments:

Pam said...

I love the painting, (and you are darling as a baby). I just inherited two painting that had hung in my grandma's house for years. My dad painted them and for one Christmas I talked him into painting some similar ones for me. Then about a year ago, I ended up with the original ones that I loved-- So I know how you feel

Katrina said...

Cute baby pic; and Nils approves of your camera purchase! :-)

Paul and Holly Domm said...

What a sweet baby you were! I'm glad you could get a new camera, what an exciting thing. I can't wait to get a new one. fyi-(you asked why we were in Germany)...Paul got accepted into the Air Force last year as a meteorologyst. You can look at previous blogs(I think it was my second posting)for the pictures of him getting commissioned as a 2nd LT. and me pinning him-it was very exciting.

A.Pandina said...

I love your baby picture. It's so cute! Isn't it fun to get new technology?

Carol said...

What great treasures you have there! I LOVE your baby pic--it's priceless and you were an adorable baby. And the painting is great but the sentimental value is much greater I'm sure. And I'm sorry I didn't see your other post before but I think you made a great choice--we've been loyal Canon owners ever since Rochester! (Ironically enough, it was while George worked there at Kodak that we became hooked on Canon because George brought one home from work as "research" and we got to try it out all weekend...way fun and we love our Canon cameras.)