Thursday, January 29, 2009

I did WHAT???

Well, here it is. My most embarrassing moment. Hang on to your hats.

Our team responded to a house fire Tuesday. Pictures are here. We drove to the scene and parked and began to do all the necessary things for the clients and firefighters.

After a while, I needed to move the Red Cross vehicle, which is an RV for heaven sakes. The thing is huge. So I put it in reverse to back up a bit. Then I hear a horn. And then we feel a "THUD." 



Oh no. Oh no. What did I hit. So I climbed out of the driver's seat and a sheriff's deputy came up to me. 





He says, "You hit my car!" 






I hit a cop car??!  




Yup.







Well actually I bumped it. Or tapped it. But it did make a teeny little miniscule dent in his fender. Holy mackerel. 


Good thing he was nice. He said he had to call his sergeant but not to worry. 






Oh sure.





ANYway, the sergeant comes and thinks the whole thing is hilarious. Here is this middle aged midget, driving a monster truck that bangs into one of his deputies. He asked me for my driver's license and then for the registration for the vehicle. What? I don't even know where the registration is! He says don't worry he'll get it off the tag. Good grief.

So the story ends that everyone was fine, they were all so stinkin' nice about it and probably are still laughing their tails off over this one.

Don't ever hit a cop car.  It's too embarrassing.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I am laughing my tail off about that one. I am sorry for you, I can only imagine how embarrassed I would have been, but as someone just hearing the story it was pretty hilarious... I needed this little bit of laughter in my life this morning. Thanks!

Katrina said...

Hee hee! How could anyone get mad at a midget Red Cross worker driving a truck? Really?

Amberly said...

So funny! In my opinion, the worst part of having an accident is waiting for the police to arrive... but they were already there! I can't believe you hit a police car! I'd be mortified!

Crystal said...

that's so funny! how could anyone really be mad at you?

Susan May said...

That was so funny! It may have been embarrassing but it makes a great story! :-)

Carol said...

Oh dear, that IS embarrassing! You saw my embarrassing story didn't you about cutting my neighbors shrub...if ever there was a time in my life where I just wanted to climb into a hole and hibernate for a good long while, that was it... Glad the officers were good-humored about it all...makes it that much worse when people get irate.