Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hail, wind, rain and a good fundraiser

Friday was quite the day. I was part of a garage sale fundraiser, so we worked setting it up and sold good stuff and talked to lots of people. Lovely weather, not too hot, no rain, just great.


We heard some thunder but it didn't get dark like it sometimes does before a storm.


Then allofasudden, the RAIN came pouring down. Then came the WIND. And then the HAIL started pelting everything and boy did we scramble!

The street turned into a river, the temperature dropped, the thunder and lightning were crashing around us so bad and the hail was BIG, some pieces the size of a nickel and even bigger. I got scared because the wind was so strong and I thought we might wind up in a tornado. We ran around to get the stuff back into the garage before it all got drenched.

What a storm. Some homes lost power. Then it was over. Crazy.



Pouring rain and hail......



This is how much rain fell in a half hour.......



And I borrowed a picture from a friend to show the hail....

1 comment:

Kristine said...

that is so crazy. glad to hear that you guys were safe.