Saturday, July 4, 2009

Let me get lost in Yankee Stadium or "I love this country!"

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

Like I've said before, there are times in life that are so good, you just have to pinch yourself. Then I remember that God wants us to have joy!

We live in this wonderful, God given land. The fireworks we will hear tonight are not real bombs. This is a country like no other. I am grateful.


This is joy.





This too, is joy - Family! 

My cousin Katie and her mom Joanne at Yankee Stadium Wednesday night, with me so happy that I'm dazed.


Family!

Me with my cousin Joe between innings, wearing our Yankee jerseys. We grew up together here in Rochester. We are two of the eight grandkids that (literally,) lived within shouting distance of each other and he is 363 days older than me - Joe November 18, and me November 16 . Those days of childhood were charmed. Now as adults, we can recapture some of those dazzling days and feel like kids again!


Yankees Robinson Cano, Johnny Damon and Derek Jeter


Moonrise over Yankee Stadium


As we were leaving, I needed to get one more shot before the magic was over.


Even if you are not a baseball fan, the stadium is a sight to behold. New, bright, modern and accessible. I was enchanted.


1 comment:

Katrina said...

So happy you were dazed- love it! What a great time! The stadium looks amazing.