Friday, May 28, 2010

Painting and a Big Mess

You know, redecorating is fun. Kind of. But the mess is driving me absolutely crazy. Don't get me wrong. I am grateful that it is being done. Really I am. But the paint cans and drop cloths, the dust and stuff, the furniture everywhere, clothes and things out of the closets, those are all bad for my psyche. Have you ever been happy and miserable at the same time??

Well anyway, the furniture and carpet are ordered. Hurray!

Paint wise, the creamy look that I wanted in the family room turned out to be YELLOW. No, no, no. That had to go. So another trip to the store for another, much lighter "cream" and we will see how it looks.

The kitchen is gorgeous. I am happy. As much as I try to get away from blue I just can't. I like blue. Larry likes blue. That's just the way it is. So the kitchen is blue and white and it is lovely.

I will post pictures. Before AND after.

Man, I missed this blog. Hello to Facebook friends!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Definitely need some photos! Do share!

I know exactly what you mean about being happy & miserable at the same time...our house has been torn apart for 2 months now and we're STILL not done, grr!!! The changes are exciting though.

Amberly said...

I like blue too! Can't wait to see how it turns out!