Okay, so I live in Rochester, New York.
And it snows here.
It's not even officially WINTER yet and we have already had 48" of snow. People, that is FOUR FEET.
C'mon.
I must be getting old. If I can stay home and enjoy the prettiness of it from in the HOUSE, that is a happy day.
Anyway, Larry and I stayed up last night until past midnight talking about stress and stuff. It affects me big time.
I figured out that since my father died fifteen years ago and September 11 happened nearly ten years ago, my life and anxiety level changed. I am more fearful. Walking around with my brain would drive anyone out of their cotton pickin' minds. I drives ME out of my mind!
I've always been kind of a worrier but NOW, good grief, you'd think I was personally in charge of world peace and everyone's well-being.
Well to be fair, there has been a whole lot of sadness with friends and family in the past couple of years. For one, Larry lost his job. Two of my aunts died, my cousin died, four of my dearest friends lost their husband - three to death and one to divorce. And they were YOUNG. You kind of expect this when you are 80, but one of these guys was 30, with four little kids. Another dear friend is moving to Florida this weekend.
AND, I'm losing my hair. Hormones you know.
It goes on and on.
ENOUGH already! I told Larry that we need to get away from everything for a while. No phones. No Sunday school lessons. No trouble. No sadness. I want to walk in warm water on a secluded beach with white sand and did I say WARM water? It must be warm. Our cruise to the Bahamas is coming up in two months and maybe I can wait that long.
These last few posts have been miserable. To you dear friends who get to read this sorry blog, forgive me for dumping. This apparently is a journal of sorts.
But to make you laugh (and me too,) here are two pictures from the fifties. It's my cousin Mike and me with our grandparents. I'm the one wearing the funky overalls and saddle shoes.
It's Christmas time! I must remember to celebrate the birth of He who was born to help us deal with all this nonsense.
Breathe......nice and easy........
Love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment