Friday, January 4, 2008

Goodbye teeth

Went to the dentist today to have two teeth removed in prepartion for the braces. It was traumatic! One of them gave the dentist a hard time. It did not want to come out. I sent good thoughts to the tooth, thanking it for doing its job all these years, but it was time to say goodbye. I apologized to it for having to do this. It was weird but it made me feel better and maybe it helped. I asked to see my teeth that were removed. I wanted to cry! It probably isn't so bad when you are young but I've had those teeth for a VERRRRY long time! Now I look like a chipmunk, all full of gauze and Novacain. I'm only supposed to eat soft, cold foods for three days and keep ice on my face for TWO days. It makes my whole self cold!!

2 comments:

Mathieu Steele said...

Thanks foe letting us know about your blog! I'm sorry to hear about your teeth...Thanks or being excited about our pregnancy, BUT we actually miscarried about 2 months ago. We're doing GREAT and we're already practicing for another one! The full story is in the post called "Halloween and Hospitals". Pray for us! Sure love ya!

Mathieu Steele said...

Even though my previous comment says it's from mathieu, it's really from me!!
Love,
Erin