
So here I am in all my gear, just coming home from a fire. No makeup, no shower - scary isn't it?! The hard hat cracks me up but it definitely comes in handy while doing damage assessments in a place where the ceiling is falling down! I really like this work with the Red Cross. We do some good for people who are experiencing trauma in their lives. The things I am learning about people and situations and the right things to say have even helped me with my work as a doula and our work in the branch. It's all kind of the same work actually, which is being of assistance in time of need; whether it be labor and birth, recovering from a fire or teaching the young women!

This is Larry and our cat Elbie on Christmas morning. He is opening her stocking full of fun toys that Grandma Locke gave her. She is a sweet cat. Larry of course, is adorable!
Happy 2008, everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment