5am - wake up.
9:30am - while talking to pregnant friend/client, her water breaks, she promises to keep me posted.
10:30am - call from Red Cross to see if I am available to go to Strong Memorial Hospital to interview fire clients from the night before. It was the fire where those three little kids were hurt. I interview the family and provide assistance.
2pm - to the chapter to drop off the interview paperwork - have not eaten yet but someone saved me a plate of food from a meeting. Grateful.
3:30pm - rush back to Greece for my hair appointment, hoping beyond hope that pregnant friend/client does not call me to come when I have my head full of highlight solution.
5:30pm - made it! Head for home to have some dinner and wait for baby to come.
6:30pm - friend/client calls for me to come to the hospital, off I go.
8:30pm - we decide that I would leave because nothing is happening yet. They promise to call when labor kicks in.
8:45pm - I'm not even out the door of their hospital room when my cell phone rings. It's the 911 dispatcher saying there are two fires at once and wonders if I am available to respond. Off I go again, back to the chapter to get the team and head to the fire.
12:30am Thursday - back home from the fire after assisting lovely family who lost almost everything.
12:45am - just about to get into bed when phone rings. Labor has started and they would like me to come. Get dressed, go back to Highland.
3:43am - baby boy is born weighing in at 9lbs.5oz. Awesome labor and birth, one of the best.
5:30am - back at home, sink into bed and sleep for the first time in 24 hours!
1 comment:
Whoa...crazy!!! I hope you got a good long day of sleep after all of that!
Post a Comment