- work is busy because lots of volunteers and staff are in Buffalo for the plane crash.
- I have a toothache, well actually two toothaches and they came on all of a sudden and today I have to go to the dentist for help!
- Larry presented me with this gorgeous anniversary ring and I love him (and the ring.) At the jewelers, he placed it on my finger just like when we got married and I cried and then I kissed him. The owner said, "THAT'S the kind of reaction we like to see!"
- Harley the Puppy next door was outside barking this morning for Larry to come out and play. So Larry gets on his coat and goes out. Is that dog spoiled or what. Or is it Larry that's spoiled?!
- My shoulder surgery was supposed to be last week. Back in December, I KNEW I shouldn't have it done, but it didn't make sense not to. There is a tear. It needs to be repaired. But something told me not to do it. So I prayed about it and I felt that the answer was to go to my primary care physician for his opinion. I went. He said if it doesn't hurt, don't fix it. So I went home and prayed about it again and felt that the answer was not to have the surgery. So I cancelled it.
Then our friend got sick and then he passed away and if I had had the surgery, I could not have been there for his wife.
What I learned is this -
If you get a prompting that doesn't make sense, listen. If it does make sense, it's easy to obey. But when it doesn't make any sense, that's when it's so important to pay attention.
I am so glad I did.
5 comments:
Pretty, pretty ring! Good job, Larry!
In G.D. on Sunday we talked about having faith, and that answers we get don't always make sense- but that the Lord knows. Very good reminder! So glad you listened.
I am glad you listened too! It is amazing how wonderful the Lord is! He truly knows what is best for us... even when we are not sure what is best for us...
It has been quite a stretch for you. I hope sunnier days are ahead for you.
I thought your anniversary was in October?
I'm sorry about your toothache. :(
And I love the story about the ring! You two make me happy. :)
And I'm so sorry about the particularly difficult several months you've had. Maybe a season of happier times is ahead!
And thanks for the fun glimpse into Larry and the dog. :)
Also, I put a comment on your post about changing the sidebar color. I hope it helps!
Post a Comment