Monday, March 30, 2009

Family Picture Monday

This is my grandmother, Cecilia Metildi. She was married to my grandfather from last week with the baby fishing pole. Will you look at this picture below.  I love this picture. She thought it was cute, too. We laughed over this together. She would say, " That bow in my head is bigger than I am!" And look at her umbrella! This was taken here in Rochester, around 1912.


This next one is at her Catholic first communion, probably 1916. There is so much to like about this shot - her shoes, the curls, her beautiful veil and the background!


Then this is 1952. She is holding my cousin Joyce, the one who died last year. I think I kind of look like my grandmother in this picture.


This one I think is about 1968 or '69. She was happy in her kitchen. We were happy too, because she was an amazing cook! She looks pretty here.


In this last shot, she is almost 90 years old. We were such good friends. We did a lot together. She was so smart, but even more, she was very, very wise. She had a GREAT sense of humor! We laughed together. I learned countless words of wisdom from her. She is always with me when I cook. I miss her terribly, every day. She was my champion.

2 comments:

Jess W said...

I love the pictures of your grandparents! I hope you are feeling better and I just wanted to thank you again for the help last week. Love ya!

Amberly said...

I love the stories about your ancestors. It sounds like you had wonderful relationships with your grandparents.