Lately I've been thinking about my ancestors, so I thought it might be fun to include some old pictures here once in a while. I may even include some of me! Then if I ever scan some in of Larry, I'll include those, too.
So, here is the first -


This is my grandfather Anthony Iannidinardo as a baby in Italy. He is my mother's father. He was born in 1899 and died in 1987. He was a milkman, back in the days when milk was delivered to your door.
We were pals. I called him "Pop" or "Papa." He loved baseball, especially the Yankees. We had season tickets to the Rochester Red Wings games for a few years and had a blast going together!
He loved to take us kids on rides. We went to Niagara Falls EVERY year. He also appreciated good food, so he took us out to eat every so often. Because of him, I learned to like apple pie with cheese, lamb roast with mint jelly, and tomato juice with a dash of salt in it.
When I had chicken pox and couldn't go to school, he taught me how to play Chinese checkers. We played regular checkers, too.
He was very cool.
This is him as a young adult -


1 comment:
That baby picture is hysterical- a fishin' pole and all.
Post a Comment