Wednesday, September 9, 2009

5 Day Water Fast - Day 4

Before I forget - my photo blog is open to everyone. I didn't remember that it was still private.

Day 4 has been quite interesting. I've had to stay close to the "facilities!"

There still is not real hunger, but this darn wanting to eat is a pain. It is boring not to eat! Water is fine and lovely and I am VERY grateful to have clean, sparkling water, but it gets tiring and not very tasty after a while. I was planning for breaking my fast Friday morning and saw in the refrigerator, Juice! and Nectarines! and a Pear! and Zucchini! Slowly I will introduce food again. Good, fresh fruit and vegetables. I am ashamed to say that there were some days that a veggie did not cross my lips. I am looking at food differently.

Two things I love about this cleansing is that my eyes are no longer puffy. It never really occurred to me how puffy underneath they really were. The other thing is that my body doesn't have its usual stiffness upon awaking. I had learned in the past that white flour and sugar did a number on me, especially in the morning. Remember last year when I wasn't eating any sugar? I should have continued.

I am hoping beyond hope that I can keep my aging body happy and healthy after this experience.

My mind is another story. I like the way I am thinking this week! To be sure, this is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, but the things I am discovering are worth it. I am....

DETERMINED.

COURAGEOUS.

SMART.

SPIRITUAL.

INSIGHTFUL.

Those things are really good to discover about yourself.

I also know that God loves me. He answers prayers in many wonderful ways. I know the Atonement is real.

I am also announcing to the world that my husband is a kind man. He loves me, too.



1 comment:

Susan May said...

One more day! You are amazing...