Friday, September 11, 2009

5 Day Water Fast - Day 6

What a good day! I learned how to appreciate food this morning in a new way. I baked apples for us for breakfast. When we sat down and thanked the Lord for our food, it had a whole new meaning for me. I was so grateful. My taste was enhanced. It SMELLED amazing. And oh, tasting that sweet delicious apple with cinnamon, coriander and nutmeg was like a taste of heaven.

From my studying, I learned that I would probably be more hungry after having food for the first time. That really is what has happened. But now I know that being hungry is not an emergency. I will live.


2 comments:

Amberly said...

Wow, Mary Ann! Way to go! A water fast sounds SO difficult! After growing a garden this year, I think a lot about how difficult it once was for many people to even get food. It definitely makes me more appreciative of what I have, and pickier about what I choose to put in my body. I'll bet that baked apple seemed like just about the most wonderful thing you ever ate!

Susan May said...

You did it! I am super impressed. Did it seem like the longest 5 days of your life?