HA!
I think I found the sofa. Well um, maybe. Brown and teal for the walls. What? Maybe not. Found a gorgeous deep red leather chair and ottoman that I sank into and could have read there for hours. Where does THAT fit in?
The kitchen dream colors are cobalt blue, white and yellow. How do I do it?
See this little bottle? That's the color I would like to use somewhere in the kitchen. It's beautiful.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
3 comments:
i'm with you! and that's my background, ha. i once choose a bad blue paint color and have been weary of painting ever since. remember your 1st decision is usually the right one.
My $.02: Use the white and yellow to cover most of the walls, and save the cobalt blue for accents. Like, maybe in a tiled area (wall above the sink?), only have one out of every 16 tiles be blue. Making walls a solid dark color is daring and can be pulled off, but I just feel like a kitchen needs lighter-colored walls so you can see what you're doing. Maybe more dark colors in the family room and more light colors in the kitchen, to complement?
The white/yellow balance is up to you. A bright yellow would be a fun color but may feel obtrusive, so you can use mostly yellow with white accents or mostly white with yellow accents. Half white and half yellow, plus the blue accents, might feel a bit "cluttered" visually. Or it might feel fun.
I am not a professional. Isn't it fun to have options?
I agree with Joe. Most of my kitchen is painted yellow, and it's my happy room. It's a light, somewhat muted yellow, so it doesn't blind you or make you feel like you're in a circus tent.
I think that color of blue would look fantastic as accents with yellow and white. It makes me think of Dutch things, for whatever reason. Good luck!
Post a Comment