The big question is: How am I supposed to decorate the house for Christmas with my arm in a
sling? So my dear husband says, "Let's put the tree up
before your surgery!" See, he doesn't really want the responsibility of doing it when we normally do, which is after Thanksgiving and frankly, I don't relish the idea of just directing the whole procedure anyway. So that leaves us putting up the tree and lights and ornaments
next weekend. So that
I can do it! And he doesn't have to! Imagine that!
Actually, I think we might. I don't want to do all the decorating we usually do, but at least if the tree is up, it will seem like Christmas. Am I out of my ever lovin' mind?

P.S. I need a GREAT book to read; something I can really sink my teeth into and not want to put down. Something like The Kite Runner or East of Eden. A BIG book. Help.
4 comments:
Ha ha, I can't even imagine Beau trying to put up the Christmas tree by himself, let alone the rest of my festive holiday decor! Getting it done early is probably your best bet.
I just finished the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver a few weeks ago and highly recommend it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Poisonwood_Bible
It was one of our ward bookclub picks. This month we're reading North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell if you're interested in participating... love to have an excuse to see you more often! :-)
I thought you were going to train the cat!
Have you read These is My Words?? We just finished it for our book club and all loved it. AND - it has 2 sequels! Now, I haven't read the sequels yet, but I plan on it.
When is your surgery??
I just finished a book called The Book Thief. I couldn't put it down.
Post a Comment