
Okay folks, I'm having an issue here. The concept of eternity has freaked me out since I was a child. It still does. So this is what I know. The measurement of time is man made. Apparently time with God doesn't exist. It's all together. The closest I ever came to understanding it came when I was flying cross country one night. I looked out the window to the ground behind me, saw the lights of a small town we had passed over and thought, "OHHH. I am witnessing their present time but it's in the past to me." Then I looked ahead to what we would be flying over in a few minutes and thought, "Okay I'm seeing the future." It was like I was seeing time all at once. It was very cool. Does any of that make SENSE? Do any of you have any thoughts on this? I don't want to lay awake any more nights and get dust in my eyes over this. Tick tock.
2 comments:
I can't wrap my head around it, but it doesn't bother me that much. Thank goodness- I have enough that I worry about as it is. However, I have a brother that used to cry about it when we were kids. I think it still bothers him when he thinks about it.
It especially gets mind-boggling when you listen to physical scientists talk about it--I once "tried" to read Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" and what little of it that made sense to me just had me thinking in circles. We know the principle that everything has its opposite, right? Well...Stephen Hawking says that time has an opposite too...(which is why scientists believe there really could be a way to time travel.) Anyway...that's not helping your predicament, I'm sure.
I try to sit back and remember that someday all mysteries will be opened to us so until then I'll just be content to consider time a marvelous mystery and make the most of it while I can. I really like your analogy though from looking down on the world from the airplane. Made perfect sense to me.
Post a Comment