Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trying to ignore the news

Maybe I shouldn't be ignoring the news but the more I watch the election coverage, the angrier I get. At 8pm when the polls closed in Pennsylvania, NBC was projecting that Democrat to win with 0% of the precincts reporting. What kind of nonsense is that?

So instead of throwing my shoe at the television, I will tell you about the books I picked up so far at the library:

1. Ava's Man by Rick Bragg
2. All Over But the Shouting by Rick Bragg
3. My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Polok
4. Shopoholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Let's see how good they are. Joy, would you believe I have not read even one of the books you thought I did?? They are now on my list. 

1 comment:

Joyous said...

I LOVE My Name is Asher Lev. I think about it often.

Thanks for adding my books to your list! Those are all some of my favorites; I hope you like them. With Shannon Hale, you might want to read Goose Girl first, but my favorite is probably Princess Academy or Book of a Thousand Days.