Sunday, March 15, 2009

Now this -

Larry lost his job on Thursday.

He was one of 200 hundred people that day who got "downsized" because of budget issues. 

Friday was weird. Larry was kind of lost. I was home and we wandered around the house. We watched one of our classes on the history of language, took a nap, read some Calvin and Hobbs books 
and talked a lot. It was definitely a weird day but good. We are surprisingly okay about it as we try to figure out our next step.

Yesterday we went to the temple and felt really peaceful. It was good. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! It seems like there has just been a lot in the way of sadness and challenges... for you and for others. Thank goodness for the Gospel! I wish there was something I could say, but know that you are in our prayers.

Joyous said...

So the economy hits even our wonderful Locke family. I'm so sorry. You will be in our prayers. I really appreciate your example of pressing forward in faith. Hurray for the Lockes!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Larry losing his job. He is in good company; I know many others who are in the same position. I will add your names to my ever-growing prayer roll.

Katrina said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!

You're good people and will be watched out for. I hope things turn around soon.

Crystal said...

That stinks! I'm sorry, we've been there, I understand! If Larry gets bored I have some laundry or cleaning he could do! :)

Janet said...

Oh you sweet couple! I'm sorry to hear about Larry's job, but hooray for your new census journey! I believe Ellen also got hired.

And I love the new "do"! :)

Carol said...

Oh I'm so sorry! It's been a rough year so far, hasn't it?

I know it will all work out ok.