Monday, May 18, 2009

"I'm going to Larry's."

This is about the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG, LONG time. Get this -

Larry was outside talking to our neighbor and she had a story to tell him. Turns out she and her five year old daughter had a "disagreement." Next thing she knows, the kid has pulled out her suitcase, and packed it with her pillow, blanket and clothes. Mom asks her where she is going. 

Little girl declares, "I'm going to LARRY'S."  

So the mom, with a straight face, says okay, she figures we're only next door and she knows where the kid would be. 

That's when the little one says, "Well, I'll give you another chance, mom."  



Is that funny or what? 


Larry went nuts laughing! He is a good grandpa-type guy and plays with the little girls on their swing set and all, and now she wants to run away next door and live with us. Or live with just Larry apparently.


THEN,


a few days ago, the same little kiddo and her baby sister show up at their house with tulips. 

"Here mom," they say. "These are for you!"  

The mom asks the girls where they got the tulips because they don't have any in their yard. 

They say, "We got them at LARRY"S!"  

So the mom is thankful, yet all mad because they picked someone's flowers and tells them they should never do that. 

Then the older one, looking confused says, "Well, Larry wouldn't mind!"




I love it. He's like Captain Kangaroo or something.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so if i get mad can i run away and come live with you too?

Unknown said...

Perhaps Larry should take her a vase.