The Lord has blessed me with good women in my life, in particular my grandmothers and aunts.
This sweet picture is of my father's baptism day in 1921. On the left is my Great-Aunt Rose. She didn't bear children but she mothered us all. She took care of me when my mother couldn't. On the right is my grandmother Melina. She was the best woman I ever knew. She is so beautiful in this picture. The baby of course, is my dad.

This is my Aunt Nickie. I loved this woman. She is my father's sister. She died a couple of years ago, in her 80's. She was my great example of a lady and an extraordinary mother.

And my Grandma Ceal (Cecilia) - you've read about her in past blogs. She was my pal.

And this is my mother, when she was young and beautiful and still fairly okay. I love this picture.

Someday, in the eternities, I'll have my own kiddos. Will I be ready??? Yikes.
2 comments:
I love all those old pictures. Your mom was beautiful.
And you will sing them songs and teach them lessons and help them do puzzles and be fabulous.
Post a Comment