Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Randomness

I miss Christmas.

No really I do.

But I also wanted to see if I could get my pictures bigger yet. And no. Well maybe a little bigger.

Thank you Katrina!

If this is the worst that will ever happen to me I'll be lucky, right?

By the way, The finger is better. Still slightly swollen and still hurts a bit but 75% better I would say.

You can stop worrying now.

2 comments:

Susan May said...

Glad your finger feels better :-) Sometime I want to talk doula stuff with you... My eventual plan is to teach birth classes and become a certified Doula! I wanted to send you a message but don't know if it is an option from the blog? Have to check for your email... Sending my love!

Amberly said...

Hi Mary Ann!
If you can get your center column wider, your pictures might post larger.
To do this you have to open your HTML (under design). About 1/3 of the way down, you'll find

/* Outer-Wrapper
----------------------------
Under that are three categories:
outer-wrapper
main-wrapper
sidebar-wrapper
Each of those has a width by pixels. The outer-wrapper controls the entire column, the main-wrapper controls the text column (where your text and pictures go), and sidebar-wrapper controls your right sidebar. If you make your outer-wrapper thicker, you need to also make your main-wrapper thicker so the main-wrapper and sidebar-wrapper add up to (or just under) the size of the outer-wrapper. For instance, this is what mine looks like:

#outer-wrapper {
width: 900px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:10px;
text-align:$startSide;
font: $bodyfont;
}

#main-wrapper {
width: 660px;
float: $startSide;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */
}

#sidebar-wrapper {
width: 220px;
float: $endSide;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float

It's a little complicated, but the good part is that you can experiment with it and hit the preview key. If you don't like what you see, hit clear edits and try again! Hopefully that will give you more space for your photos!

Glad your finger is a little better! Sorry for the super-long comment!