What I learned at our Time Out For Women conference in Hartford, Connecticut.
Listening is a gift in itself.



Our beautiful African sister Mariama telling us her heart wrenching story of escaping Sierra Leone and finding the church.
My brain couldn't make up it's mind whether I wanted to laugh or cry. So I did both, almost simultaneously sometimes.

The hotel mirror shot. I was trying to cover the flash because I couldn't remember how to turn it off. But then I did.
Why is it that I look better backwards in a mirror?
The purses and bags lining our feet at the conference. You would have thought we were going on a mission what with all the stuff we brought.
Our beautiful African sister Mariama telling us her heart wrenching story of escaping Sierra Leone and finding the church.
Sherry Dew couldn't make it. Very sad. But she video taped an incredible talk for us and then Virginia Hinckley Pearce came to the conference instead! Very happy.
Jenny Oaks Baker played the violin. Holy mackerel. I had no idea that I liked violin so much. I bought TWO of her CD's. The woman went to Juilliard. She can PLAY.
I will write over the next several posts some things I learned at our conference in Hartford.
For instance:
Someone asked Pres. Hinckley's wife Marjorie what her secret to a successful marriage was. She answered, "Lower your expectations." HA HA! I love it! She was married to Gordon B. Hinckley. I'm married to Larry. Maybe it's a good idea......Hmmmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment