Saturday, October 2, 2010

Guest Book etc...

Dear Carol and Anya,

Thank you for the great suggestions on children's books! Amazon was the ticket. We now have in our library :

Bat Jamboree
Rhyming Dust Bunnies
Trouble at the Dinosaur Cafe
Corgiville Fair

and coming soon to a mailbox near me:

A Giraffe and a Half
Not a Box


I picked up a cute notebook at Michaels and then, instead of sweet treats for the treat basket, bought fun little toys.

Last week I had my first customers. Two darling little boys from down the road came to the door selling candy for Cub Scouts. Their dad was with them. I had them sign the guest book (and man, were they excited!) and then pick out a treat from the basket.

They didn't have time to stop in for a story and I thought the dad might freak if I asked to take their picture, but I did invite them back.

It was very fun.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Fun! I want to check out those other titles too!

Anonymous said...

MaryAnn, I am so excited for you! What a great idea! Pretty soon word will make the rounds and there'll be a line a mile long by your front door. Love your enthusiasm!
Hugs to you!