Sunday, November 18, 2007

Friends!

How nice to hear from so many of you. This is such a good way to keep in touch.....


Larry showed up with 30 beautiful roses, the ultimate carrot cake from Wegmans and a bagel for my birthday, what a guy. Then we went out to dinner. He is the best. We've been married 26 years and since we haven't killed each other yet, I guess it will last. He's a good man. My father was right.


Today in the nursery, the little ones learned about being grateful for their homes. I taught them about other kinds of homes, like a covered wagon or a ship or a tent. Then we talked about where the fish live, "in the WATer!!" and where the birds live, "in the TREES!!" and who lives in the dirt? "SNAILS!!" and "WOOOORMS!!!" The nursery is just too fun. I love it when I tell one of the little boys to do something please and he looks all exasperated and says, "OhKAAAY." Cracks me up.


Here is the picture of the day, actually from a couple of years ago but I think it's a nice picture - our cat Elbie looking adorable

1 comment:

Carol said...

That's so fun that you're in the nursery! I love that calling--I was in there for a year and was released just before Benno was born in April. I miss those sweet little kiddos...but it is nice to be with the grown-ups again too. : )