I started my Disaster and Emergency Services caseworker job at the Red Cross Wednesday. It's volunteer and only one day a week right now. There is lots of paperwork and phone calls to make but it's something I like to do and the people there are great to work with. It's VERRRRY interesting having a "job" with babies due but the folks at the Red Cross are happy to work around it. I'll have to post a picture of me in my hard hat and glow in the dark vest!
The mom who is due Monday is doing well. I wonder if she will go into labor when I am making pies or dressing or cranberry relish this week! Larry and his mother and I will be together Thursday for dinner, then I will bring some food to my cousin and her 91 year old mother. Then we'll have friends hopefully stop over for dessert later in the evening.
We had a hard frost here last week. The ground and rooftops were so pretty! It is amazing to me that here it is the middle of November, we had the frost and some of the trees are still so colorful.
This is one of our hydrangeas from our yard. I was sad to see them go. One of my favorite flowers!
2 comments:
You certainly are keeping busy! What a beautiful hydrangea! I spotted some flakes this morning while i was getting the kids on the bus, hopefully it will stick soon. The snow makes the holidays seem more real to me!
I also read Lynettes blog and saw you had started one of your own. How exciting! We have a blog as well, visit if you wish:
http://pandinafamily.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment