Thursday, March 20, 2008

Brother Love


This is a picture taken in Wilkes-Barre PA in 2005, of the man that has held my heart even longer than Larry. I first saw Neil Diamond in 1971 (most of you weren't even BORN then!)
Since then, Pam (who is my best and eternal friend in all the world) and I, have been to I don't know how many concerts. 20 maybe? We last saw him in Wilkes-Barre in Dec 2005. We were pretty close to the stage that time, although we have been as close as third or fourth row. That's when it's hard to even breathe because he is right there! He hasn't toured in a couple of years so we are anxiously awaiting word of new U.S. tour. Then we get on our traveling shoes and try to hit at least a couple of concerts here in the east. In the meantime I sit here in the office surrounded by pictures of family, doula babies and a poster of Neil himself. I guess we never get too old for music to thrill our hearts.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I LOVE Neil Diamond. People are surprised when I tell them, because I think I missed his heyday by a few years.

Paul and Holly Domm said...

I was so happy to find your blog on the Takagi's and hope you don't mind me snooping around yours and seeing what your up to. I love that you love Neil Diamond-Paul and I really enjoying belting out his hit at home(Paul really opened my eyes to Neil). I'm so glad to hear your doing well. Hope to hear from you soon!