Oops, I promised Sicily pictures last time and posted Rome. HERE are some from that beautiful island - bella Sicilia!!


These are from an ancient town called Segesta - it was founded around 400 B.C., destroyed by the Vandals and features an outstanding Doric temple ruin. In the picture above, you can just barely see the temple. This place was our first stop in Sicily and I could not believe how absolutely gorgeous the land is. My grandmother who was born in Sicily used to tell me about the beauty there, but seeing it for myself just about knocked me out.
This is what remains of an ampitheater in Segesta. That's me, pretending to be non-chalant while inside I was just bouncing.

These are from an ancient town called Segesta - it was founded around 400 B.C., destroyed by the Vandals and features an outstanding Doric temple ruin. In the picture above, you can just barely see the temple. This place was our first stop in Sicily and I could not believe how absolutely gorgeous the land is. My grandmother who was born in Sicily used to tell me about the beauty there, but seeing it for myself just about knocked me out.
This is what remains of an ampitheater in Segesta. That's me, pretending to be non-chalant while inside I was just bouncing.
2 comments:
You are so fortunate. I would love to visit Italy (Sicily especially, as my husband is Sicilian). It looks to be such a beautiful place, and in my mind-romantic.
Hi Mary Ann! It's Kelli Rowe (Blair). Please feel free to visit my blog anytime. I don't remember much about when you came to visit my family. But I do believe I still have the letters you sent me. It's very strange to have my own family now. Sometimes I think I should still be sleeping on those two chairs pushed together.
Post a Comment