Sunday, November 9, 2008

A blessing awaits (and update)

For some reason, I really like this picture. It was election night. It is so Larry. He's standing with his hands on his hips, surveying his garden and lawn, it's dusk, and he's enjoying the solitude. He was trying to figure out a better way to anchor the bench so the wind doesn't blow it down again. The garden looks kind of sad. The frost nailed it.
Later on today, I will get a blessing from him and our home teacher in preparation for my surgery. I'm a little nervous. Really though, surgery doesn't bother me. The whole hospital thing is okay. It's the recovery that I am dreading. Not being able to drive for several weeks will be AWFUL!

10:32pm - my blessing was beautiful. Larry was voice. He said although the doctor wouldn't know it, he would be guided by the Lord as he did the surgery. He said that it would not be too invasive and that I would recover quicker than expected. I love the priesthood.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

When are you having surgery?

I love the comfort and reassurance a blessing gives.

Kristine said...

I hope your sugery goes well (or went well) and that recovery is fast and as pain free as possible.